Types of Online Casino in Belgium
Meanwhile, while Belgian laws prohibit some video games, virtual gambling doesn’t lose its status. This means it is available to all players who have access to the Internet and enough free time. However, not all online casinos in Belgium, UK, and other countries are honest and safe. By creating an account on the site without an appropriate license or with a low rating, you risk not only getting a bad experience but also encountering scammers.
As usual, we analysed a lot of Belgian casinos that are suitable not only for the inhabitants of this country but also for players based in Germany, Britain and so on. Each of them operates under a license issued by MGA, UKGC, Alderney or by the government of Curacao. Furthermore, it meets two other stringent requirements:
- A portfolio that will satisfy the needs of all players, even if this is their first experience.
- All games from the best providers don’t make sense if the players’ accounts and their wallets are not protected by modern technologies. Choosing a Belgian casino from our list you won’t need to worry about data safety.
Before you make your first bet and win real money, you need to find out what categories Belgian casinos are divided into. Each resource is a unique project that has its pros and cons. We are going to tell about these details right now.
- In recent years, the gambling industry is closely intertwined with the industry of mobile devices that are distributed around the world. They are convenient, versatile, and flexible, which allows you to run any slots anywhere. For this reason, mobile casinos in Belgium have received many positive reviews and today they offer customers hundreds of slot machines including roulettes and lotteries. some studios develop gambling solutions even for SmartWatch, but most Belgians prefer smartphones and tablets. You can play directly in the browser or download a special application. Some casinos offer apps in the Play Market/App Store and they do not take up much space.
- Probably each of us has seen an advertisement for a live casino at least once. Such resources are still popular and they are not going to give up. The fact is that these are unique projects that bring players closer to real casinos with the appropriate atmosphere and payouts. Can’t visit the land-based gym? This is no longer a problem because you have a Belgian live casino compatible with any device. Roulettes, Blackjack, Sic Bo, Baccarat … launch your favourite games and fight against real opponents.
- Those who are looking for universal and fastest resources will pay attention to crypto casinos, the number of which is rapidly growing in Belgium. They offer a fairly wide range of games, plus generous bonuses and an advanced protection system.
In any case, you will find many interesting solutions, because Belgium creates comfortable conditions for operators and players.
Types of Casino Games for the Belgian Gamblers
At the beginning of this review, we said that the Internet played an important role in the development of modern gambling. So, developers and studios got more opportunities due to which the number of slot machines increased several times. You no longer need to pull the lever and wait for the cherries to appear on the three reels. Belgian online casinos offer a lot of entertainment for every player who wants to win money and relax after a hard day. Let’s not waste time and consider what games modern Belgian casinos offer:
- First of all, these are bright, beautiful, fascinating slots. Their number increases every single day as they are in demand and popular. At the moment, the leading positions in the slot production segment belong to such companies as NetEnt/Betsoft/Microgaming/Play’n Go/Playtech. Their employees are always looking for new ideas to surprise players and move them to a virtual world where they can win money with the help of progressive jackpots and bonus rounds. As a rule, such slots are also supplemented with realistic animation and 3D graphics with sound effects. Classic models are equipped only with fruit symbols and a limited number of reels, but they always have a special atmosphere that takes us to the era of Las Vegas.
- If Fortune smiles at you today, then why not test roulette? Many experts claim that this game was the progenitor of gambling. The first platform with numbers and a ball was found in France, after which the game moved to other continents including Asia and America. Since then, a lot of time has passed and in 2019, Belgian resources offer many versions of the legendary game. We strongly recommend testing American/Double Ball/Lightning roulettes with simple rules.
- Card games have complicated rules and most of them require players’ skills and knowledge. This section consists of Blackjack, Baccarat, Craps, Sic Bo, and Poker. Most of them, as well as roulette, are offered in live casinos where you will have the opportunity to defeat the dealer and collect a large prize pool. Such models have become more realistic thanks to the HD format and broadcast in real-time.
If you spend a lot of time away from home and your PC, then play your favourite games on your smartphone or tablet. All you need is to open the Belgian online casino in a browser or download a special app that offers games, bonuses, and payment tools without restrictions.
Online Gambling Laws and Regulations in Belgium
European countries and their inhabitants have different attitudes to gambling and casinos. Some states like Belgium have made gaming machines legal and have received many positive changes, while other countries are trying in every way to limit the development of gambling in their territories. To describe this section, having answered all the questions, we talked with experts and high-rollers who play in Belgian online casinos. These answers helped us understand the Belgian gambling policy.
In 2017, the Belgian government decided to take a responsible step by legalizing gambling and gaming halls. These bills were very successful because many popular foreign operators have revealed a desire to enter this market with great prospects. Local players have fairly honest platforms that guarantee security. Furthermore, Belgium sets strict regulations to minimize the number of fraudulent schemes.
To open a casino on the Internet, the operator must open the same casino on land. This is the main requirement and it applies even to the most popular clubs. We also talked about a special fund that is stored on the account of every Belgian online casino. It is a guarantee that players who win jackpots will receive them. It is worth noting the loyal attitude of Belgium to licenses. If the operator satisfies both of the requirements above, it will receive any type of license for any form of gambling.
For players in Belgium, there is only one restriction – bets are available only to users over 21 years old. The only exceptions are sports bets and lotteries that are offered to players over 18 years of age.
Well, the situation is not terrible so Belgium continues to attract operators and players from Britain and other European countries. Here you can find dozens of proven and reliable casinos offering slots, roulettes, and transparent rules.
Best Deposit Methods for Belgian Gamblers
Each player no doubt wants to play only in a safe gaming room in Belgium. There are several ways to verify the reliability of the selected resource and here is one of them: as soon as you have checked its license and portfolio, go to the section with payment instruments. TOP Belgian sites are focused on European players, so they offer appropriate services that carry out quick transactions. In the corresponding section, the operator also tells how long the requests are processed and what fees are charged.
For deposits, Belgian gamers prefer virtual wallets (Neteller/Skrill), well-known Visa/Mastercard debit cards, and banking, which is also a popular intermediary between a Belgian casino and its client. Before choosing one of these tools, we need to evaluate its advantages. So, wallets conduct instant transactions while bank cards take a minimum commission. Banking provides the highest level of protection, but on the other hand, you will send money/receive a win only after 48 or even 72 hours.
As you can see, payments depend only on the preferences of the players. In any case, they will receive a secure service that is guaranteed by certificates and licenses.
Accepted Currencies in Belgium
In 1830, Belgium became an independent country and it introduced the national currency, the franc. In terms of gold content, it coincided with the current currency of France, which determined its name. The first mint was opened in a district of Brussels where francs were minted in gold and silver. Due to the development of trade and industry in Belgium, an expanded monetary system was needed, which led to the appearance of paper notes. Belgian currency has become very popular therefore it was used everywhere.
Over the next years, Belgium was part of the Latin Union and the Golden Bloc, which sought to preserve the monetary system.
In 2002, the country joined the European Union by adopting a single currency – the euro. Today it is the official currency of Belgium, therefore it is accepted in all casinos on land and the Internet. Most Belgian operators also offer other currencies including the dollar and British pounds. It is worth noting the popularity of cryptocurrency, which offered gamers anonymity and 100% security from scammers. Furthermore, it offers instant transactions with no limits and commissions. To use cryptocurrency, you will need a digital wallet that is protected by multi-level encryption and other systems.
As a rule, Belgian players have two choices: crypto coins and euros.
Many clubs lose customers due to poor service that cannot satisfy their needs. Therefore, experts and experienced players say that the popularity and success of Belgian casinos do depend on customer support. What should I do if you have any questions during registration, deposit or game session? Of course, you need to contact the guys from support. You can do this in three ways.
- Live chat is the fastest and most effective. All you need is to open a special window and ask a question to the employee of the gaming hall. All answers appear instantly so the user does not spend more than 5 minutes to solve the problem.
- Email is the second way to get specialist help. Send a letter to the specified address and wait for a response. Statistics show that Belgian players receive instructions and advice within the first 48 hours.
- For several reasons, a phone call has become a less popular type of customer support. Nevertheless, you can still find it in some clubs in Belgium, but before you call the specified number, make sure that it is free.
- And finally, your free assistant that works 24/7 – FAQ section. By opening this page, the player will find information on registration/payments/limits/licenses/bonuses and so on. The FAQ is very useful, especially if this is your first visit to a Belgian online casino.
Predictions About the Future of Online Gambling in Belgium
Nowadays, we see the Belgian government developing a gambling industry that shows excellent results. Gambling has been allowed since 2017, and during this period the business gave excellent incomes and also created hundreds of jobs. The Belgian market collaborates with foreign companies and operators that provide new ideas and solutions. As a result, the number of Belgian Internet clubs is regularly increasing by offering new slot machines from Betsoft, NetEnt, and other industry leaders.
To choose the safest place to play for real money you need to find a suitable site according to the parameters that we talked about earlier or just check the list of recommended Belgian casinos on our website.
The Belgian legal framework continues to protect users from fraudsters and monitors the behaviour of players. If you spent too much money, then your account and bankroll will be blocked until you undergo treatment. These measures, as well as strict regulatory rules, are designed to make gambling in Belgium safe and secure. The local government is unlikely to ban gambling since this business looks successful.