Types of Online Casino in Gibraltar
These days, offline and virtual gambling in Gibraltar makes a big difference. Gamers without internet access can only visit the game room in the hotel or one luxury casino on a cruise ship. Meanwhile, Internet users are getting more opportunities and we are not only talking about the number of platforms available in Gibraltar. We also mean a variety of slot machines, bonuses and so on. Regardless of its type of activity, the operator must obtain a local license first.
All Gibraltar virtual casinos are divided into several categories depending on their formats:
- Since the inhabitants of Gibraltar spend a lot of time with computers, desktop online casinos have taken a leading position in the country. These resources are characterized by large portfolios with generous bonuses and high-quality customer support. Based on Flash technology, they run in any browser, provided that the player has updated it to the latest version. While playing in such a casino, Gibraltar casinos are not uncomfortable, but only if they have a stable connection to the global network.
- Gambling on smartphones and tablets. A search for a mobile casino in Gibraltar will take no more than 2 minutes. Such resources are popular because of their flexibility and versatility since they run on any touch screen device. They also offer responsive websites and games designed for Android/iOS smartphones and tablets. Now you can play anywhere and anytime. Please note that some mobile operators offer to download software on the gadget to have access to the favorite games 24/7. Bonuses, games, and payment tools work without restrictions.
- Live Dealers? Why not! Yeah, this is perhaps one of the main entertainment categories of modern gambling. Due to the limited number of offline gaming halls, Gibraltar players visit virtual casinos that offer games with live dealers to recreate the atmosphere of a real club. Roulette, poker, blackjack, and other table games are available in live format at any time.
As you can see, Gibraltar accepts all the conditions of modern gambling satisfying the needs of local players and tourists.
Types of Casino Games for Gamblers in Gibraltar
It’s no secret that virtual has an obvious advantage over real gaming rooms. On the Internet, developers got more opportunities thanks to which they regularly release new games that satisfy the needs of all categories of users. In addition, the number of slot machines on land looks a bit limited since most of the gambling in Gibraltar is concentrated on the Internet. Let’s see which categories of gambling are the most popular in Gibraltar.
It goes without saying most Gibraltarians are fans of thematic slots that are released in large numbers every year. In this segment, NetEnt, Betsoft, Microgaming, and Play’n Go companies have achieved the best results. They produce beautiful and original models that differ in three-dimensional graphics in tandem with animated effects. Bonus symbols/ rounds are integral parts of modern slots while “classic” models offer fruit symbols and simple algorithms. The biggest payouts are played in progressive games and you have the opportunity to become a millionaire in Mega Moolah/Mega Moolah Isis/Hall of Gods slots.
Popular and even rare versions of poker, blackjack, and baccarat are offered in Gibraltar virtual casinos too. Also, roulette fans will find many favorite games and most importantly – these projects are offered with live dealers. Having visited a special casino studio, the player is immersed in the atmosphere of a real hall without leaving the room. You can communicate with other participants and the broadcast is offered in HD quality.
As we already said, the lottery became the first legal gambling form in Gibraltar. Today it is presented on the Internet with many unique variations. We recommend keno, bingo, and scratch cards that give instant payments to each participant. Furthermore, most lotteries play on different subjects, so your session will be as interesting as possible.
The range of games in Gibraltar casinos is regularly updated so you can always follow the new releases and test them on mobile devices. The list of the most reliable platforms for players from Gibraltar is as usual located on our website.
Online Gambling Laws and Regulations in Gibraltar
Nowadays, not many countries can boast of such an advanced legal system with a loyal attitude to gambling. We can even say that Gibraltar is an example for other countries that want to legalize gambling or they did it not so long ago. The Government of Gibraltar is always trying to create a comfortable environment for players and operators to improve the economy.
The question “Is gambling legal in Gibraltar” will be answered in the affirmative. The most important law was passed in 2005, which attracted new investments and the best international operators. It is worth noting that the first Gibraltar licenses were issued in 1998. This means that the country saw the prospects of gambling much earlier and as a result, it became a major advantage. Many providers wanted one of 7 licenses to operate in the Gibraltar market.
How to get a Gibraltar license? No one said that this is a simple and quick procedure. First of all, the operator must contact the Gibraltar Licensing Authority and submit the appropriate application. After that, the commission must make sure the club meets the criteria below:
- Good reputation and large customer base;
- Licenses issued in other jurisdictions including England;
- Availability of business plan;
- Existence of certificates of inspections by authoritative commissions and laboratories.
Gibraltar’s loyalty to gambling is also demonstrated in a low tax of 0.15% but operators must pay license fees:
- B2B license – £100,000;
- B2C license – £75,000.
Both documents are valid for 5 years and at the end of the term you can pay $28,000 and update them. In this case, the gambling commission of Gibraltar will ask the operator to provide its budget to make sure the club can pay all the winnings declared in the games. Furthermore, the gaming room should provide a financial audit every year. Gibraltar regulators reserve the right to verify casino management at any time. In case of misunderstanding, gamers can always contact the Authority of Gibraltar about the problem.
The entire gambling market of Gibraltar is regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Act adopted in 2005. This applies to both virtual and internet casinos. It was compiled following British law adopted a few months earlier. The Companies Act adopted in mid-2014 is related to gambling too. This document compiled on the basis of the UK counterpart complies with the laws of the European Union setting forth the rules and requirements presented to casino operators.
The Gambling Commissioner of Gibraltar has released several new provisions, plus it has adopted the Generic Code dedicated to virtual casinos and license requirements. It tells about all the complaints and information that should be presented on each online casino site. The GCG also is an author of the Remote Technical and Operating Standards.
As you can see, Gibraltar has established strict regulations so that players get only the best experience. This means that only reliable operators work in the country which guarantees fair play and customer privacy.
Best Deposit Methods for Gamblers from Gibraltar
For many users, gambling is not only earnings but also additional income. So, you can make a minimum bet and win a grand jackpot, but first, you need to find out what payment instruments Gibraltar platforms do offer. This is usually a standard list but some services hide pitfalls and we will find them right now!
- E-wallet is a quick and convenient way to send money directly to your casino account. Such low-cost transactions are sent through popular services like Neteller, PayPal, and Skrill. By the way, the last one company is located in the UK so it is popular among players located in Gibraltar. The only caveat: check what commission relies on the use of the selected wallet.
- If we are talking about the best tools of e-commerce then we need to highlight such tools as Visa, Maestro, and MasterCard. These bank cards are very common because they are accepted at many stores/casinos on land and on the Internet. Most of these transactions are free but in some Gibraltar casinos, gamers need to pay a 2.5% fee.
- Banking is a reliable tool too, but we are forced to warn readers that transactions through banks in Gibraltar or the UK are processed for a long time. The verification procedure takes about 48 hours on the other side, you get bank protection. If security is your top priority then this will be one of the best solutions.
- Cryptocurrency. You probably noticed that the gaming halls that keep up with the technology adopted Bitcoin as a deposit/withdrawal method. In the future, more and more Gibraltar clubs will offer digital coins that offer more benefits. First of all, they provide 200% protection against scammers and hackers. Such transactions are free and they are processed in a few seconds.
Surely, Gibraltar online casino customers may find alternative tools like Paysafecard and Euteller but the services above are leaders in this segment. Each of them has thousands of fans who receive high-quality service and fairly fast transactions (except banking).
Accepted Currencies in Gibraltar
Gibraltarians and tourists use local pounds to pay for products, goods, services, etc. The currency of Gibraltar created on the basis of the British pound has the same value but it is not accepted in England.
Gibraltar received the right to introduce its own currency in 1934 but despite this, most local players use British pounds. By the way, both pounds are popular in Gibraltar online casinos which accept gamers from different countries. Consequently, users can deposit Gibraltar and UK pounds, but it is worth noting that many foreign operators often choose the British banknote because of its wide distribution.
But this is not a limitation, because you can still use Euros or American dollars. These currencies are popular in Europe, so you can easily convert them to the club’s cash desk or through electronic services. However, some Gibraltar gaming halls often target international markets, so you can find the Canadian dollar, Chinese yuan, and other banknotes in the list of available currencies.
Do not forget about useful crypto coins (LiteCoin/Ethereum/BitCoin) which provide the highest level of protection + instant transactions without fees.
As you already know, the authorities of Gibraltar have established rather strict regulation of gaming halls on the Internet, so they provide quality service. This also applies to customer support whose representatives will always help to solve any problem. So, many operators adhere to the Responsible Gambling program that takes care of gamblers and their health. In addition, the platform will regulate your gameplay by setting monetary or even temporary limits to prevent ludomania.
Many players have questions during registration or a game session when they try to make a deposit or receive a bonus. In this case, you should visit the FAQ section devoted to these issues. As a rule, it is divided into several blocks so you will find the answer with one click. There are three ways to contact the customer support guys at Gibraltar online casinos.
Chat will be most effective because it provides instant answers that appear in a special window in real-time. Email is no less effective because the staff of the gaming halls of Gibraltar quickly respond to such requests, but if you sent an email at the weekend/holidays then you will need to wait 1-2 days. A phone call is not the most popular form of support, however, you can find it on some Gibraltar websites. Having contacted the operator, the player will need to go through authorization by providing the necessary information.
Most of the answers are hidden in the FAQ, but if your problem turned out to be much more serious then feel free to contact a specialist.
Predictions About the Future of Online Gambling in Gibraltar
Despite belonging to the UK, Gibraltar is showing tremendous growth in its gambling business. The results of new studies show that this business in the overseas territory has shown steady growth over the past 3 years. Obviously, this trend will continue in the future as gambling in Gibraltar addresses several important economic issues.
As a result, even cryptocurrencies have become legal in order to make gaming halls more attractive not only for local but also for foreign gamers. It is worth mentioning Gibraltar’s new regulatory framework that oversees the activities of each online platform. Many experts are interested in how Brexit will affect the Gibraltar economy and the gambling industry. It is likely that this political event will have a positive effect, but skeptics say that it won’t.
These days, Gibraltar needs international operators and investments, so the government will not ban gambling. This means that Gibraltar gamblers will visit the best platforms on the Internet, winning real money. Authoritative operators are looking for new solutions using VR and other tools.