Types of Online Casino in Spain
As expected, the Spanish government is not trying to block access to gaming rooms that work on the Internet. Local players love such resources because they offer more benefits than offline ones. First of all, such clubs work around the clock so you can play at any time. Besides, you can visit clubs operating in other jurisdictions including the UK. Yeah, Spanish gamers often choose British sites that guarantee the highest level of security. In fact, the number of casinos for Spanish players is impressive, so we should divide them into several categories.
- “Traditional” Casinos. This is the very first type of gambling platform that appeared in Spain. They are also known as instant play casinos that open in all browsers. They offer an extensive list of slot machines plus generous bonuses to first-deposited players and the most active users. At the same time, some of them offer to download additional software that provides 24/7 access to your favorite games. In general, traditional platforms are interesting and attractive especially if they are licensed.
- Live Casinos. This term is popular in Spain, Britain, and even in countries where gambling is prohibited. This format of gambling appeared about 10 years ago when the developers found a way to combine a virtual casino with the atmosphere of an offline club. Now you can forget about “ordinary” games because live games offer new emotions. Thanks to the newest digital technology, the Spaniards can compete with real dealers and other participants who came to win real money. Furthermore, the presence of live games indicates the security of the selected platform. The session is always broadcast in HD format achieved thanks to cutting-edge cameras.
- Spanish Casinos on Your Smartphone. We don’t even want to imagine how the modern world would look without gadgets and portable devices. They have become multifunctional assistants who make our life as comfortable as possible especially if you often place bets online. Some game resources working in Spain decided to adapt their sites and games for touch screens. This casino runs smoothly on any Android/Blackberry/iOS device, ensuring a comfortable session. You can run slot machines in a browser or a special app installed on your smartphone/tablet.
Taking care of our readers, we have compiled a list of reliable and secure casinos that accept players not only from Spain but also from the UK. 20+ internet platforms provide licensed content, friendly customer support, and many different surprises!
Types of Casino Games for Spanish Players
So, we found out that a large number of operators work in Spain. Be sure each of them offers enough games from leading manufacturers. Did you know that Spain is the birthplace of popular European manufacturers?
- CODERE Group specializes in developing thematic slots that surprise with high-quality graphics, advanced gameplay, and various bonuses.
- With a head office in Barcelona, the MGA Group supplies slot machines and software for international offline/internet casinos. In addition, the provider claims that it created the first slots for Spanish gamblers. Also, MGA is the author of such hits as La Reina del Nilo, Robin, and Bucaneros.
- Created in Spain Optima Studio has achieved excellent results in the UK and other European countries. At the moment, the company is developing solutions for virtual gambling and sports betting.
All of these providers will satisfy the needs of the most experienced players. But these are not the only brands represented on Spanish sites. Accordingly, each of them offers different categories of games that we will consider further.
Themed slots are the foundation of any club that intends to succeed. Developers know that players love and value these games, so they are trying to release as many projects as possible. In 2019, video slots beat every plot from adventure to space battles. Players from Spain can find both classic models with 3 reels and cutting-edge machines with 3D graphics and animations. If you are going to launch the slot for the first time, check it for a demo version. It offers to study the functions of a slot machine without registration and deposits.
“Table Games” section is presented in every club too. When we say “Roulette” or “Blackjack” we recall luxurious Las Vegas gaming halls that often appear in films about rich people. It is these films and big money that determined the success of table games on the Internet. By registering in the Spanish casino, the user will have access to various forms of Blackjack/ Baccarat/Roulette/Pontoon and other games. What is cooler – some of them are available in the LIVE version. This means you will move to a studio where you’ll play with a real croupier.
Sorteo Extraordinario de Navidad lottery is a unique phenomenon that has not lost popularity for several centuries. However, developers offer more solutions on the Internet. So, you can find Keno, Bingo, and Scratch Cards that give instant payouts to anyone who buys a ticket. Our readers should know that all these games work perfectly on the touch screens of smartphones and tablets. Now, the best Spanish casinos are available 24/7!
Online Gambling Laws and Regulations in Spain
Many investors and experts claim that virtual gambling has excellent prospects and a great future if most countries make it legal. Some states are fighting against gambling, but despite this, new online casinos appear again and again. The Spanish government adopted gambling and made gaming halls legal, which led to stunning results.
The General Directorate for Gambling Regulation, as well as, the Spanish Gambling Act monitors every movement of the operators. These authorities establish strict regulation to maintain order in the country despite a huge number of land-based/online rooms. To obtain a local license, the operator must fulfill several mandatory requirements, proving its honesty. By violating at least one rule, the license is automatically canceled. The same thing we can say about Internet platforms that accept players from Spain. Juvenile players registered on the website are the most flagrant violation of the rules. Based in Spain, under 18 users cannot visit gaming clubs. No player can trick the system because it requests personal data and copies of documents.
Best Deposit Methods for Spanish Gamblers
Unfortunately, some gaming rooms cannot guarantee the safety and privacy of customers. Several criteria can help you filter out sites and find the best one. Experienced gamers recommend studying the license, portfolio, payment methods of the selected casino before registering. We would like to add that the last point is one of the keys since you spend your money. Popular Spanish online casinos offer the same set of cash solutions that comply with European safety standards. Let’s look at them right now:
- Debit/Credit cards. Tools like VISA/Mastercard/Maestro are great for online transactions. Ensuring safety and quality service, these cards have become very popular among Spanish gamers who value care. On the official debit/credit card websites you will find that these services guarantee 100% security as well as instant transactions. These days over half of the Spanish gamers use VISA/Mastercard/Maestro. Before registering at the casino, make sure that the cards are presented in the list of deposit methods.
- Web-wallets. Residents of Spain use the Internet not only for slot machines and casinos. They also visit different online stores and buy different products. These users often choose e-wallets especially if they are looking for a place where their money will be stored. To the benefits, we can add fast payments + privacy. To get a quality service, a client of Euteller, Neteller, PayPal, EcoPayz or another service must pay fees and this is probably the only drawback.
- Bank Transfer. Not all Spanish banks cooperate with casino operators; therefore, Transfer Bank is rarely found on gaming platforms. However, you can find this deposit method in some UK casinos. So, you will need to visit the bank and fill out a special form. Please note that these applications are processed for a long time. Sometimes money is credited to the game account only after 2 or even 3 days. Employees of Spanish banks verify all information ensuring your safety.
Accepted Currencies in Spain
In 2002, sunny Spain joined the European Union by adopting a new currency – the euro. Since then, locals and tourists pay for services and goods only in this currency. What currency was used by the Spanish population until 2002? In different resources, you can find different references to a currency called “Peseta.” The first such banknote was issued at the end of the twentieth century when Spain joined the Latin Monetary Union created to regulate international trade. When silver lost its value, Spanish peseta was made of gold while banknotes had different signs that excluded fraud.
These days, the euro is the only currency offered in the Spanish gaming rooms. In virtual casinos, it is also used. This is not a problem as almost every payment system offers this currency without conversion. Please note that other currencies (dollars, pounds and so on) in Spain are not valid. Bitcoin is an exception because it is a new trend that can have a positive impact on the global economy. Using digital coins, the player receives anonymity + privacy + free transactions.
Many clubs are becoming popular thanks to the quality and friendly service. This is a prerequisite for each operator who would like to attract as many customers as possible. Many players, especially newbies, encounter difficulties in the early stages of registration when they do not know what information to indicate or how to use the bonus. There is a potential client who will not find the answer right away then he/she will find another portal and create an account. Spanish sites always offer quality customer support, whose representatives instantly respond to each application. In any case, you should know how this service works and what options you can use.
Most players from Spain choose the live chat option presented in each online casino. Click on the special button that opens the chat window and ask a question to the gaming room employee. This truly effective tool because the operator will solve any problem in 2 minutes. You can also request license information. When choosing a chat, the user does not need to go through authorization.
With a high probability, you will need to provide personal data during a phone conversation if this type of customer support is offered at a Spanish casino. We are always honest with our readers, so you should know that Spanish casinos rarely provide such support.
If you have enough then an email will be an effective assistant too. Send a letter and wait for a response from the club staff. As a rule, the waiting period does not exceed 48 hours. You can always save the received tips/instructions and use them from time to time.
Before you despair and knock on the door of customer support, visit the FAQ section. Divided into several categories, it provides instructions/tips for registering, deposits, and bonuses. So, we can conclude that Spanish operators always care about their customers.
Predictions About the Future of Online Gambling in Spain
The modern gambling industry has many supporters, but some experts say that this business will not develop in the future. Some countries prohibit gambling because it can lead to addiction. The same situation is with alcohol, but no one country is going to ban it. Such countries like the UK and Spain have seen excellent prospects in casinos and slot machines making them legal. As a result, the Spanish government created new jobs and increased the flow of tourists, which attracted great investments and big money. Local players and guests often visit the gaming halls where they place bets and win real money.
Game halls operating in Spain today do not violate any European law. Therefore, the Spanish government is not going to prohibit gambling in the future.
Nowadays, all popular operators want to enter the Spanish market to attract more customers. They will offer the newest video slots, live games, and even VR projects with new visualization and atmosphere. We should also expect the emergence of a cryptocurrency that will be used as a deposit method guaranteeing security and anonymity.
So, the forecast for the future of gambling in Spain is positive. Local operators are not going to stop and gamers will get more opportunities soon. You can register at the recommended online casinos right now!